Although the manufacturing of high-quality shipping products, materials, and equipment is typically our main concern at LPS Industries, we also want to ensure that our customers have everything they need to fully understand how to safely package and ship certain materials.
On this page, we’ve compiled a long list of resources that will cover extensive details about hazmat regulations, training requirements, labeling standards, definitions, and much more.
● Hazard Class Definitions provide definitions for classifying hazardous materials, including forbidden materials.
● Hazardous Materials Tables are here to help identify the hazard class or specify materials that are forbidden in transportation and provide proper shipping names.
● Air/Ground regulations specify the proper safety standards for transporting dangerous goods via air or ground.
● General Requirements for packaging and packages need to be met in the shipment of hazardous materials.
● Marking information regarding the required markings for the transportation of hazardous materials.
● Labeling information regarding the labeling requirements for the transportation of hazardous materials.
● Placarding information regarding the placement and regulations of placards for transporting hazardous materials.
● Training information prescribes the requirements for training employees in hazmat safety.
● DOT Hotline for when you have further questions about transporting hazardous materials
Stay up to date with federal updates and changes to hazardous material shipping and safety shipping and safety regulations – click here https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/
More Resources for Special Shipping
If you’re shipping by rail, air, road, or water, we have additional resources that may come in handy. These resources have been specialized according to each mode of transportation.
Keep in touch with federal updates and changes to hazardous material shipping and safety regulations – click here http://phmsa.dot.gov