Flexible packaging has always been a smart packaging choice for consumers and brand owners when comparing its inherent attributes to other options.
|Extended shelf life||Convenience|
|High product to package ratio||Portability|
|Lightweight means lower transportation costs per pound of product||Easy to open and close|
|Less material to landfills||Extended shelf life|
But when the product has been consumed and the package is empty, the flexible packaging ends up in the waste stream and ultimately a landfill because multi-material laminates cannot be effectively or efficiently recycled.
The buying habits of a growing number of consumers across all demographics are being influenced by sustainable practices and eco-friendly, recyclable packaging. These consumers also do not want to give up the convenience, protection and features they have come to expect from flexible packaging. It’s important for brand owners to be responsive to these dynamics – the question is how.
LPS Recyclable Film – The Solution
Simply put, LPS Industries’ 100% new multi-layer recyclable flexible packaging can deliver to all the critical requirements. Survey after survey shows consumers prefer brands that use environmentally friendly packaging. Now, for the first time, your brand can be packaged in 100% recyclable packaging that offers the protection and convenience consumers have come to expect with the eye-catching graphics that will help you stand out on the shelf. Our recyclable flexible packaging is available as bags, pouches or roll stock.
The ongoing growth of flexible packaging continues unchecked with almost 4 of every 10 packages of any design or material type sold in 2017 being flexible packaging. Customers have repeatedly indicated a preference in surveys for sustainable packaging and are willing to pay a premium for it. As a brand owner, you can be on the forefront of the curve, responding to what your customers want, fulfilling your corporate sustainability goals and owning the role of influencer in your market segment with LPS Industries 100% recyclable multi-layer flexible packaging.
How Does This Solve the Challenge?
• Responds to the increasing consumer demand for more sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging
• Meets the challenges of brand owners desiring recyclable packaging because they value sustainable practices and want to be responsive to consumers
• Responds to consumer cohorts that place great importance on the performance, convenience, transparency and structural integrity that has previously been achievable only with flexible packaging made from multiple layers of different types of films that are not recyclable
• Our 100% recyclable packaging is constructed entirely from supported polyethylene, recyclable at the over 18,000 current retail drop-off locations in North America
• The outer layer (print side) is engineered to accept clear, sharp, eye-catching printing and the combination of the sealant layer with the print layer creates the structural “backbone” to present well on the shelf in a stand-up pouch format.
• Made in the USA
• Made with solar power
• Good contact clarity
• Good stiffness
• Variety of security features and zipper closures available
• ISO 9001:2015 certified flexible packaging manufacturing quality
• Moisture and oxygen protection comparable to the non-recyclable, multilayer mixed film constructions that have been the standard in the industry
• Experience in the numerous markets recyclable films complement, including food, snacks, pet food, pet treats and consumer products
• FDA certified for food contact
All our recyclable packaging, including pouches, bags and roll stock, is produced using a solventless lamination process to reduce the risk of accidental release of solvents into the environment while enhancing worker safety because there is no exposure to VOC’s. Solventless lamination also prevents the aroma and flavor of the contents from being potentially impacted by the transmission of solvent based adhesive fumes into the package.
Contact us to learn how you can be on the front of the curve with environmentally friendly recyclable film flexible packaging.