LPS Industries took a significant step forward during 2010 in its sustainability strategy by commissioning a new technology rooftop solar power system manufactured by Solyndra, Fremont CA.
In conjunction with the company’s participation in the EPA’s Green Power Partnership and purchase of wind generated electricity, over half of our annual electric usage is from renewable sources.
What Are the Benefits of Manufacturing With Renewable Power?
For the environment
- Significantly reduces the amount of fossil fuel required to produce the energy we consume
- Significantly reduces the corresponding emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants
- The combined effect of using solar and wind generated electricity eliminates over 2.2 million pounds of CO2 annually. It is the equivalent of removing 186 cars from the road or powering over 200 residential homes for a year.
For our customers
- Using flexible packaging manufactured with renewable energy can
- complement your corporate sustainability goals
- be a tangible component of your environmental impact initiatives
For your customers
- Flexible packaging manufactured with renewable energy will distinguish your products by offering consumers the opportunity to help the environment by purchasing your product as their brand of choice. It is a clear and easy value proposition to promote.